Following the example of earlier, highly successful Euroconferences on Rock Physics and Geomechanics (held most recently in Erice, Italy, 2007; Ascona, Switzerland, 2009; Trontheim, Norway, 2011, Aussois, France 2014, Ambleside, UK, 2015, Ma’ale HaHamisha, Israel, 2017, Potsdam, Germany, 2019), the 14th Euroconference on Rock Physics and Rock Mechanics will be in Scotland, from the 30th of August to the 3rd September 2021.
- Subsurface deformation processes: from fracturing to friction and beyond
- Thermo-chemo-hydro-mechanical coupling
- Non-destructive testing in rock mechanics and rock physics
- Visualising and quantifying rock deformation and multi-phase flow interactions
- From lab to field: scaling relationships
- Energy storage: CO2, H, chill/heat
- Energy Extraction: shallow/deep geothermal, oil/gas
- Geo-observatories: on-going research on the UKGEOS and other case studies
- Open session on Rock Mechanics and Rock Physics
Given the COVID19 (travel restrictions and lockdown measures) the conference will take place virtually.